Brita Filter Taps or Franke FilterFlow Taps?
3-way kitchen taps are a somewhat new technology that surfaced as a more practical and functional alternative to single-dispensing filter taps. The 3-way triflow technology makes it possible to get filtered water on tap in addition to regular hot and cold water, all these from a single tap. Manufacturers like Brita and Franke are some of the most recognisable brands in kitchen taps, and their 3-way taps are classified as a premium choice for any homeowner.
How do Brita filter taps compare to Franke FilterFlow taps, what are the advantages and disadvantages of each, and which one should you choose for your kitchen?
Advantages and disadvantages of Brita filter taps
Brita is a German manufacturer specialising in water filtration products. The company has been in operation since 1966 and has been delivering quality products and filtration solutions to homeowners from around the world.
Advantages of Brita 3-way kitchen taps:
- Multitude of design styles and tap finish options;
- Two handle and three handle systems both available;
- Smart LED alert system on some models to alert users when it’s time to replace the filter cartridge;
- Proprietary filter cartridges (Brita P 1000 filter cartridge) remove chlorine, metals (lead and copper), and improve the taste and odour of water;
- Brita filter taps are dispatched with a P 1000 filter cartridge that has a service life of 3 months.
- Brita filters usually only work with proprietary Brita filter cartridges, this means that may not use with other filter cartridges.
Advantages and disadvantages of Franke FilterFlow Taps
Franke is a Swiss manufacturer known primarily for their state-of-the-art kitchen sinks designed both for commercial kitchens and residential kitchens. Franke was founded in 1911, and today it’s recognised as a world-leader in stainless steel kitchen sinks. Their 3-way kitchen taps are known under the name of FilterFlow taps.
Advantages of Franke FilterFlow taps:
- Tap models available in high-quality stainless steel construction;
- Large selection of tap models and design styles including hand-spray models and taps equipped with water temperature control systems;
- Proprietary Franke filter system, the Franke FilterFlow water filter system, removes chlorine, bacteria, parasites, cysts, lead, and improves taste and odour. The system does not remove healthy minerals;
- Franke taps are designed to be compatible with any under-sink filter system, irrespective of brand.
- Unlike the Brita filter taps, Franke 3-way taps are not dispatched with a filter system, and you have to purchase it separately.
Which 3-way tap is best?
Franke FilterFlow taps are in some respects superior to Brita filter taps, especially if you want to be able to use your kitchen tap with a filter system of your choosing. However, Brita filter taps are a more budget-friendly option suitable for anyone looking for a superior quality 3-way tap for their home kitchen or office kitchen.